A partnership between the Dioceses of Bethlehem (USA) and Kajo-Keji
New Hope is a ministry of the Episcopal Diocese of Bethlehem and was started in 2007. New Hope is dedicated to helping educate the youth of the Diocese of Kajo Keji, South Sudan
New Hope has raised over $4,500,000 and completed 5 primary schools, a secondary school and a college. Over 4,000 students have attended New Hope schools. The Ministry is now building temporary schools for the people of Kajo Keji in refugee camps in Uganda.
The long-term relationship between the two Dioceses has flourished through mutual prayer, visitation, education and exchange of resources. The New Hope Campaign has supported the Diocese of Kajo-Keji by helping to build:
- A multi building college for seminarians, teachers & adult education including classrooms, dormitories, a library and dining hall.
- Five primary schools: with 200 – 400 students are evenly split between boys and girls.
- One High School supporting 4 grades includes a dormitory for those traveling long distances by foot.
- The Bishop’s residence and offices.
Other relationships include Parish to Parish, Episcopal Church Women to Mother’s Union and Bishop to Bishop and the Diocese of Bethlehem continues to support education through scholarships.
Schools in the Diocese of Kajo-Keji
- Dwani-Star of Bethlehem Primary School
- Gaderu-Victoria Leach Primary School
- Liwolo-Helen Wagner Primary School
- Romogi-Barebo Primary School
- Romogi-Richard Earl High School
- Sodogo-Trinity Easton Primary School
Website Diocese of Bethlehem: http://www.diobeth.org/ministries/diocese-of-kajo-keji/